Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Sticky footer being destroyed by wordpress admin bar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    damon
    Participant

Because the wordpress admin bar has `html{ margin-top: 28px !important; }` forced in, it makes `html, body { height: 100%; }` too large.. and I don’t see how to compensate. It seems horrible to use javascript for this (remove 28px from body height and recalculate every time the window is resized..)

Is there any way around this?

Watson90

Hi @damon

I can understand what you mean, but does it really matter if it breaks it, as the only time that code is active is when you are logged into WordPress as an admin.

chrisburton
    Participant

You can completely remove the admin bar or put it below your footer.

Lox

@damon, did you managed to solve that issue? I tried a negative bottom margin on html with no luck ….

noahgelman
    Participant

On the Edit User Page, Uncheck the “Admin bar visible on front end” option.

If that still doesnt work, follow this article: http://wp.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-disable-the-admin-bar-in-wordpress-3-3/

TheDoc

> I can understand what you mean, but does it really matter if it breaks it, as the only time that code is active is when you are logged into WordPress as an admin.

This. What’s the point in disabling something that only you see?

[email protected]
    Participant

Well, I’m a few years late with this response, but I just ran into this problem with a BuddyPress site I’m building where the admin bar is visible to all visitors. I was able to fix the problem by adding style="margin-top:0 !important" to the html tag in my header.php. Hope that helps!

photocurio
    Participant

There is a simple solution. Add a conditional class ‘admin-bar’ to the HTML element like this:

<html <?php
        language_attributes();
        echo is_admin_bar_showing() ? 'class="admin-bar"' : '';
    ?>>

Then this CSS:

html {
        height: 100%;
    }
    html.admin-bar {
        height: calc(100% - 32px);
    }

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.