Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Spaces in Tables when adding !DOCTYPE…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    triplex
    Participant

To begin, obviously, I am NOT very experienced. :)
    The images discussed below (“A”, “B” and “C”) can be found here…
    http://dixieelectricalcontractors.com/images/xtest.jpg

I first created an “image page” in Photoshop, then dividing it into webslices, saved it to a webpage. If you are not familiar, when saving it, Photoshop creates a table with image slices in each cell. The declaration is simple ‘<html>’, no “!DOCTYPE”.
    Image “A”.
    With “!DOCTYPE” added to the declaration, as you can see, spacing is added to the table.
    Image “B”
    The final image is is “!DOCTYPE” added to the declaration, and “line-hight=0px” added to the cell style.
    Image “C”
    As you can see, the spacing in the table was sussed, however, the text was ‘crushed’.
    I have tried many other options including, ‘border-collapse’, ‘padding’, ‘border-spacing’, etc…
    What am I overlooking?

triplex
    Participant

Thank you for responding. I will be able to post the code I have as soon as I get home later today. However, I did want to clarify, real quick, that the example given is a very simplified version of the actual webpage .
    I know it’s not ideal. My hope is that, until I get the hang of CSS, I can continue using Photoshop as I did.
    The code I’m writing, using “Brackets” (another Adobe product), shows many errors within the W3C Validation box (a plug-in).

triplex
    Participant

I’m not real sure how you do this but here is the code via CodePen (I hope). :)

http://codepen.io/anon/pen/EVZZKz

triplex
    Participant

Sorry for the delay ya’ll. As I said, I’m not a pro. So this is all when I have ‘downtime’ after work and such. That said…

After reading your responses (and a few other things online), I had to come to terms that webslices are sooo 2008 (or whatever). ¯_(ツ)_/¯

So, I have completely started over using div containers instead of tables.
    I don’t know if it’s easier, but it seems to be working.
    I definitely wanted you to know, I appreciate your help and am sure I will need it again before it’ s all over. :)

Thank you, again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.