Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End [Solved] WordPress Admin Login Page /wp-login.php Completely Blank

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tonyawards

I had posted some of this at the wordpress forums a while ago but honestly, it’s hard to get an answer there – they are so busy your post winds up down on a double digit page number in about five minutes… ;-)

I’ve been reading css-tricks for quite a while now but ’till now just on the periphery – it’s been really helpful over the years (both the site and the forums). I sure hope someone here can help:

I am trying to log in at my site’s /wp-login.php page and have suddenly gotten a completely blank page at the url – no username and pw login fields or anything to access the admin dashboard. The site’s public face is fine and I’m still getting my regular database backups emailed, but am unable to access the admin section at all.

I read some posts, went into my cPanel filemanager and tried renaming the plugins folder (to ~public) and created a new plugins folder (empty) but this did not help.

I have cleared my cache and cookies in Firefox, still with no result.

All was fine about 2+ weeks ago but now when trying to log in to upgrade to 3.0.4 from 3.0.3 I get this totally blank page.

I tried renaming both the plugins and the themes directories with .hold added but this had no effect: I still get a completely blank page at mysite.com/blog/wp-login.php, with no fields or page data whatsoever. Strange. The only thing I did notice was that the public site no longer would load anything at all either, no default Ten-Twenty theme – just a completely blank page too.

I’d really like to get this fixed, but…

Worst case, if I have to manually reinstall the entire blog, how would I do that safely? I have a dev version of the site locally in lampp but it’s not really current as I have never been able to get the installation nor its plugins to update from my Linux home box (some weird linux permissions or FTP access issue I’ve not resolved as yet). And the wp-config.php would have to be adjusted anyway as well, wouldn’t it?

I do have a reasonably current (automated weekly downloads) saved database; after the new installation of WP, how would I then load that into the site?

Sorry for the basic (and slightly off-topic) questions but as I mentioned, I’m a bit of a WP and php newbie…

BTW – I did a Meld comparison of my existing and current (from the 3.0.4 fresh zipped download) /wp-login.php and the files are exactly the same, so the login file seems uncorrupted, I guess…

Does anyone have an idea as to what this is and how to fix it? I’m by no means a WP or php expert and could really use some help. Thank you all.

tonyawards

try:

www.yoursite.com/wp-admin

no “.php”
    see if that redirects you to your login page

tonyawards

Brett_Santore, can you hear the sound of my jaw dropping from there…? Worked. Perfectly. That took me right to the normal login page, I did my 3.0.4 and plugin updates, logged out, cleared cookies (to test) and got right back in with the standard /wp-login.php url.

Two weeks of scratching my head. Thank you very much – does everyone know this but me? ;-)

Love this site and its community, Chris. Thanks for all your contributions, both here and at “digging”.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.