Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other [Solved] Using WordPress inside of WordPress!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    badrspe
    Participant

Hi everyone!
    Is there someone aware of any security issue or bug when trying to use WordPress inside an already existing WordPress installation? I need this configuration to fulfill some content management and theming requirements.
    Any info would be welcomed!
    Badr

noahgelman
    Participant

What kind of content management and theming requirements could you have that would require you to need a wordpress inside of a wordpress. More than likely there’s a way to do it without have to put a wordpress inside another wordpress.

That aside, I do believe there are some issues with installing a wp inside another. I’m not sure what they are though. There’s definitely going to be some linking and database issues I think.

What exactly are you trying to pull off?

Argeaux
    Participant

Maybe you should use WordPress MU for this. Since WP 3.0 its default in there.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

badrspe
    Participant

Well, actually, I’m trying to build a networking system, using the P2 theme inside my already existing blog. For example it would be accessible at http://www.myblog.com/livediscussion, and since it uses a new theme and fully new content, I thought it would be a good idea to use a new WP installation inside the already existing WP directory.
    If is there a simpler idea that would make smile, plzzzz take some lines to tell me about it.
    Note: I insist on using the P2 theme.
    Thank you
    Badr

badrspe
    Participant

Thank you Argeaux, that is what I could be proud of as a solution !
    thnx again :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.