Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Simple Sticky Footer Issue I’m having (Yes, it’s another sticky footer question)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    noahgelman
    Participant

~sigh~ I’m sorry for having to ask this guys, but I can’t figure this out. Normally a sticky footer is easy, but since I have some parts of my layout that go 100% width, have have a few page-wrap classes, I’m having trouble getting it to work. I figured I could wrap everything in a wrapper with the footer separate and it’ll work but it doesnt. Here is a basic layout of what I have + my css. I took out the content for your convenience.

html, body {
    height: 100%;
    }
    .wrapper {
    min-height: 100%;
    height: auto !important;
    height: 100%;
    margin: 0 auto -290px;
    }
    .footer, .push {
    height: 290px;
    }

zackw

can u post a link?

noahgelman
    Participant

Unfortunately I can’t, it’s on a private server till launch.

Bob

I’m not sure, but Ryan Fait says that no content can be outside the .wrapper and .footer div unless they’re absolute positioned with CSS. Maybe thats your problem?

noahgelman
    Participant

Nope, all of my content is in the wrapper and footer. Right after the body tag is the wrapper, nothing in between. Right after is the push div and then the footer and that’s it.

noahgelman
    Participant

@virtual, I’m not sure what you mean. My page is html5 so I use

just like I used

noahgelman
    Participant

Ohhhh, in that example, the push div is INSIDE the wrapper. I thought it had to be between the wrapper and footer (see original post), Thank you, I’ll try this out now and see if it works. (my doctype was proper btw)

noahgelman
    Participant

Works fantastically! Thank you. I should have been paying attention to where I put the .push div.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.