Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other [SOLVED] My First Shot at Web Design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jeffymarts

Hi,

This is my first post on this site and it’s also about my first shot at web design. Yesterday I finished my first Tumblr theme. I really shouldn’t say finished, I mean more or less that I have it somewhat presentable and am looking for some feedback.

Here’s the URL:

Tumblr Theme

Anything you can tell me would be great.

Thanks

– Jeff

jamygolden

It looks like everything is commented out

jeffymarts

I’m not sure what you mean by that, could you explain please?

jeffymarts

I was going for the minimalist theme for it because it’s my personal design favorite and most likely easier to do for my first time. I see your point about the headers though… Thanks for the feedback.

Oh and no, it’s actually an Ibanez Soundgear, but I’m planning on getting the ESP SURVEYOR-5.

jamygolden

For some reason this doesn’t work on my Firefox, it works on Chrome though.
    It seems like Firefox is seeing everything as commented out, since all the markup is green when I view the source.

jeffymarts

That’s odd… I’ll have to look at that. Is the page rendering correctly?

jeffymarts

Okay, so I figured out what the problem with Firefox was. The syntax for a comment in Firefox doesn’t allow you to use “-” or else it will render all the source code as a comment, while Chrome (which is what I was using), does not, oddly enough. But I fixed my silly ascii art branding to something without a hyphen so it’s now viewable in Firefox. :)

Lesson learned, cross browser test everything.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.