Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS ::SOLVED:: margin collapse was the problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    GregInChrist

I can’t seam to figure out what code is pushing my background image div up and down on my page. I have a top image a stretchable middle image and a bottom image for my content area. I am using joomla and by default the content is output in tables, the background images stayed together find when the content was in tables. I needed more control over the content layout so I used the joomla beez theme html to output xhtml for the content, but now the top and bottom images get pushed away from the stretchable middle image. I can’t seam to figure out why, I have all the content a number of layers deep in divs so I would not think it would be doing this… I may even have more divs then I need I don’t know. The problem goes away if I add a span with a nbsp in side it on top or bottom… but obviously this is not the correct fix… could some one explain to me why this is happening and the correct fix for it?

You’ll need to login with user name "test" and password "test" to see the page I have hidden from the public. Once logged in please click on the link "Registered" or "Email" which drops down from under "Registered".

I think it is because I have margin bottom on h1-h6 and on p tags but I need that for regular layout.

http://www.milwaukeeproductions.com

Thank you much, May the Lord Jesus Christ show you salvation through his death and resurrection. Know that no man can come to the Father but by Jesus Christ the Lord of lords! Jesus is the way the truth and the life! Praise God!

GregInChrist

The solution was to add padding of 1px to my parent container.

Hope this helps.

Know that the Lord Jesus Christ is the only name given among men whereby we must be saved, for ever man will stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For by grace are ye saved though faith and not of your self it is the gift of God not of works lest any man should boast! Jesus Christ is Lord and salvation to whosoever will call upon Him in faith! Bless you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.