Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Links & z-index Issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    erikpo3

I’m having a problem getting my links to work on this page: http://erikpeterson.brinkster.net/csstest/index2.html

As you’ll notice I have some borders on to help define some the divs. There are 3 divs that have negative z-indexes (#bkgd, #bkgd-gradient & #color-tint) to create the layered background graphics. The content and links all basically reside in this div (z-index is set to 50)

Code:

As you can see the links are not working. I found that if I remove the z-index from the #bkgd div the links work again, however it’s not feasible in this design because the bkgd image need to be the furthest most back in the design in order to allow the other divs over the top.

By the way I’ve only been looking at this on the mac in Safari & Firefox so it could be a little messy on the PC side still. The real issue is the links though. Any thoughts or solutions would be appreciated. Thanks!

erikpo3

Fixed by changing from negative z-indexes to positive and making sure the div with the links was on top of everything else

TheDoc
    "erikpo3" wrote:
    Fixed by changing from negative z-indexes to positive and making sure the div with the links was on top of everything else

Thanks for coming back and telling us what solved it, can help other people in the future.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.