Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] IE auto margin problems in custom wordpress theme, someone please help!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mbwolf

For the life of me I cannot figure out why I can’t get my content on my index page to auto margin in Internet Explorer. Everything works fine in firefox and safari (of course!) but IE is not cooperating.

Also, the TOPICS drop down menu does not work on the index page in IE. It works fine in all of the other pages, if you can see anything wrong there please let me know.

Forgive me if my code is a little sloppy, this is my first ever using wordpress and I am trying to build a theme from scratch. Everything has been pretty smooth until now. Please follow the link below to view the website:

http://www.mbwolf.com/blog-test

This site is obviously still in the development stage, but if anyone has any feedback about the layout of the site I would love to here your thoughts.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post!

jamygolden

Try getting your markup to validate.

You have an opening div above your doctype, which IE will not like at all.

mbwolf

Nice catch jamy! I have no idea how I didn’t see that.

Almost everything is working now except for one image that is above the content on the index page. For some reason it is ignoring the auto:margin, again only in IE. I will keep playing around with it.

Thanks for the help.

jamygolden

Np, I’m glad it’s working.

And now for that image: Add ‘display: block’ to ‘#index-top’

mbwolf

alright it worked! Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.