Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] CSS Center with 3 Divs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tylerabell

I am working on my own design studio and I am having difficulties with my CSS.
    Go to enfusedesigns.com and I am working on the front page below the main gallery slider.
    You will see 3 columns one for web design, one for graphic design, and one for marketing.
    I am trying to center all three of those divs with the entire page. For some reason I can only get it “almost centered”.
    If you have time please check out the CSS and the HTML… possibly offer a valid code.

EnfuseDesigns.com

virtual
    Participant

Make your 3 boxes the same size as the image 266px, then add margin-left 17px to the 1st, margin: 0 71px; to the second and margin-right: 18px; to the 3rd. That lines them up with the slider above.
    P.S. Nice design…

Brido

Find and replace these bits of code.

#boxGlow {
    margin:0 auto;
    padding-top:20px;
    position:relative;
    width:940px;
    }

.serviceWeb {
    float:left;
    width:266px;
    }

.serviceGraphics {
    display:inline;
    margin:0 70px;
    }

.serviceMarketing {
    }

Things looked off centered because the width of the wrap they were in was exceeding the width of the content above it. Though things were technically centered, it just didn’t appear like it.

tylerabell

Thank you birdo! This helps tremendously, and works perfect. Your code makes sense know, it’s hard some times – I find myself stuck in what I would say is a tunnel vision or code block but sometimes a little help can push you in the right direction. Once again, Thanks!

This discussion has been resolved.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.