Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript [Solved] Anything slider and Opera version 10.10

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rjoseph

I have Anything Slider on a website and it works fine with IE, Chrome, and FF, but with Opera it loads the last frame and is stalled there.
    The numerical tabs will change when clicked on, but the frame remains on the last frame and never changes.

When I look at the demo site at: http://css-tricks.com/examples/AnythingSlider/ using the Opera browser, it does the same thing.

Has anyone found a fix for this? I searched the forum, but haven’t found an answer.

Thanks,

rjoseph

Test Anything Slider in multiple browsers before using it and save yourself some grief.

rjoseph

Remy Sharp has a similar slider except for the auto-scroll feature. It also has a nice feature if JS is not enabled, it degrades back to scrollbars and is still completely functional.

But still, I hope AnythingSlider gets fixed.

AlvinRow
    Participant

Hi guys –
    Seems Opera 10 doesn’t like

Code:
    width:99999px

being applied to

Code:
    .wrapper ul

, so drop a "9" off to make it

Code:
    width:9999px

and it should start sliding again.

rjoseph

Thank you for sharing that fix.
    Rob

lemort

AlvinRow fix does not work in case you have more slides than 9999px – if the pixel limit 9999 is exceeded it will just stop in all browsers… setting it to another value didn’t work for me.
    I just have to leave out Opera until there is a fix…

Wow, the width:9999px fix by AlvinRow is really working! Thank you so much!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.