Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other site re-design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pab

well I’ve had two weeks off from work, so i decided to work a bit on my own site

and came up with a re-design, i still have some work to do on it,

if you saw the old design, the new design has the same mark up and is still based on a 4 column grid that varies depending on what page you are on.

i basically just worked on the css

i just changed the background image and tweaked the typography

here’s the address http://www.fliawebdesign.com

cheers

pab

pab

Thanks for the kind words Chris, means a lot coming from you.

I fixed the sifr wmode by the way.

cssgirl
    Participant

I like it a lot!

The only thing is my work monitor (24" glossy HP w2700) doesn’t carry the detail of your background imagery. When I opened it in my laptop screen it looks really great though! That blue/brown combo is one of my most favorites!

pab

Thanks for the feedback Lindsey, really appreciate it.

pab

HJ05

This is a good clean site that works well and presents the information very well.

The only thing I would like to add would be contrast. You are by no means the only one that needs to keep this in mind I have been seeing it a lot since I started learning about usability. Anyway the brown text on the dark background might provide a problem for users with color deficiencies. Just a thought. Nice site.

Edwin

Nice design, but in my opinion the background is a little disturbing the content. For the rest it’s fine I think.

pab

@Friendofpugs, thanks for the comments, and I do care about those browsers, wished I can do something about it tho, if there is a way. i’d love to learn about it.

@Edwin
    nice to see you back on the board, and thanks for the comments, really nice of you,
    I was thinking of maybe setting up a style switcher to the original black on white lay-out and keeping the styles exactly the same minus some color tweeks.

@Hj05
    thanks for the comments and feedback, the color of the links is something I’ve been thinking about lately, I tried resolving that with the hover on the main content underline and not just the anchor, works great on css loving browsers and not some much on those browser who hate css hehe

I added a new blog to the site to go along with the new design, I’ll post souvenirs form my Mexican tour that got cut short due to some silly illness.

PS the bottled coke there rules!!!!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.