Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design site critique & advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    caseybaggz
    Participant

Hey guys and gals,
    Almost finished with this site. I’m still new to Front End and it’s just me at the shop I’m at so looking forward to any positive feedback that can help me build this site to the level it needs to be. It’s still a WIP so the contact form is being worked on.

Looking forward to what you guys have to say? Thanks so much!

http://mindhandle.com/umc/

boshkodj
    Participant

It would look better if you remove this “flashy” navigation.

Then try to make text more readable ( better “font-family”, adjust “font-size”, etc.. ).

And after all, try to pick up some good color combinations. Look at this site kuler.adobe.com .

caseybaggz
    Participant

Thanks for the comment man. The colors are the brand colors, so I can’t alter them. I’m also very familiar with Kuler, it rules man!

caseybaggz
    Participant

Hey Ed,
    Appreciate the feedback. I totally agree. Unfortunately, the client wants to keep the animation on all the pages… sigh… Oh well. Thanks for the feedback!

caseybaggz
    Participant

Hello Janet,
    You know I believe your right on the very vague index page. Unfortunately, I did not design this, just coded it. I am under a little control of creative directors regarding the design, but I believe you have a valid point.

Thanks so much!

Josiahmann
    Participant

Howdy,

I like the design of the main page and the secondary pages a lot individually but they seem disconnected. I would try to figure out a way to integrate them together. I wonder if keeping the initial frame on all the pages is doable?
    Also, have you tried centering the frame on the main page?

That said, I really like the concept visually. It looks like the glyph you’re using is the Hebrew tree of life. Is that where you got the idea from?

caseybaggz
    Participant

Hey Josiahmann,
    Honestly, I wasn’t the designer on the logo, so I have to say “IDK?”. lol.

Thanks for the input man. So with the index frame being static, whenever I center it within the browser, it throws off the img that moves and things get funky. Unfortunately, I’m still a pretty new F.E.D. so I haven’t found a work around for that problem yet. Maybe in the future?

Thanks again!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.