Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Simple JavaScript Clock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    minterdewitt
    Participant

I am having difficulty with something and I know very little about JavaScript.‏ Basically, I need a clock counting upwards from September 26th, 2013 to whatever the current date may be, showing the years, months, and days.‏ I need to be able to style it as well.‏ Everything I’ve found thus far is already styled or it doesn’t include years.‏ Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: And it needs to be able to run without adding any JavaScript to the head. It needs to run completely in a WordPress widget.

Paulie_D
    minterdewitt
    Participant

I need it to run without adding any JavaScript to the head. I know it’s possible. Is there some other way to do it?

Mawaha
    Participant

If you’re writing a widget you should still be able to use the wp_enqueue_scripts hook as it executes after all the widget related hooks.

So you should still be able to add any scripts to the <head> you need to get your widget to work.

minterdewitt
    Participant

Okay, so I finally got the JavaScript working. Within the widget. Here’s a CodePen of where I am thus far. Now, my next question is, how do I style it using custom CSS? More specifically, how do I add classes and IDs to the JavaScript itself, so I can change its appearance? Here‘s an example of how I want to style it. Thank you in advance! If you want to see it in action on my site, visit here. It’s in the widgets above the footer.

Alen
    Participant
    minterdewitt
    Participant

Thank you, @Alen. I didn’t realize it was as simple as just wrapping everything in divs. Thank you muchly!

minterdewitt
    Participant

Okay, so this is more of a CSS issue than JavaScript, but I need to center the counter within the widget. This is what I have for the CSS side:

/* COUNTER */

.counter-paragraph {
            text-transform: uppercase;
        }

#counter {
            font-size: 4em;
            display: block;
            margin: 0 auto;
            width: 100%;
        }

#counter div {
            display: inline-block;
            text-align: center;
        }

#counter strong {
            font-family: "bebas-neue", sans-serif !important;
            font-weight: normal;
        }

#counter small {
            display: block;
            font-size: 16px;
            margin-top: 18px;
            text-transform: uppercase;
            font-weight: 300;
        }

And it’s not centering the content. Yes, I could put a margin that’s half the width of the counter, but that number will change every time the counter changes, so I need to do it programmatically. Once I do this, I’ll be finished! Here‘s the website.

Edit: Also, it’s taking very long for the site to load. Is this because I have the JavaScript within the widget rather than putting it in the footer?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.