Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Simple Dropdown script error, IE6 & 7

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    msunickb

I’ve held out…I didn’t want to have to ask. But I’m stuck…and I need some expert advice.

I used the simple dropdown menu on an Expression Engine site so the sub-menu items are generated dynamically. The main menu items are hard-coded.

Now, this menu works great in Chrome, Firefox, Safari and IE8 but not surprisingly I have a problem in IE6 & 7. When I view the error console in Firefox I get the following error:

Code:
    $(“ul.dropdown li”) is null

I have searched the resulting source code and cannot find anything that may have been outputted incorrectly as null.

When I try to view in IE6 I get the following (I’m sure it’s the same thing)

Code:
    ‘null’ is null or not an object

Can someone point me in the right direction?

The URL is (don’t make fun, I didn’t design the site) http://baptistbuyersguide.surfosi.com.

I have tested the sample file in IE6 and it does work fine so I’m obviously doing something wrong.

I will provide any additional information if needed.

Thanks!

Nick

msunickb

Nada?

I just used the google chrome inspection and got a slightly different error. Not sure if it helps but thought I’d share.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method ‘hover’ of null

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Did you figure it out? I’m not seeing or triggering any errors and it seems to be working fine for me in recent Firefox. I don’t seen any code fouls on first glance either…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.