Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Sidebar links

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jenycz

Hey Guys –

Just a quick usability/linking question. We have sidebar navigation for our secondary pages and right now it links to everything in the parent page, which is perfect. My only question is that do you feel it’s necessary to have the link to the current page there as well? Especially when the current page is the header of the page – which is right above the sub-navigation? http://socialnetworkmd.com/services/website-development/ for an example of what I’m talking about.

In my own humble opinion I think it’s redundant – but the bossman thinks otherwise. Please express your opinions on the matter so I can either shut myself up or at least show him others share my opinion!

Cheers.

– Jack

TheLeggett

Hey Jack,

Maybe a viable alternative solution would be keeping the link, but styling it differently (ie: a black link… or just text). This keeps the menu consistent across the different pages, clarifies redundancy, and has the added benefit of showing where you currently are relative to other parts of the site.

TheDoc

Definitely keep it there. TheLeggett hits the nail on the head, consistency is super important.

jenycz

Thank you sirs!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.