Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Show posts by specific user (wordpress)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Makeshift

So, I’m using Word Press, and I have multiple users. I want to have ‘About’ pages for each user and have their blog posts under it.

How can I do this?

I recently did this for a client of mine. I intend to write the process up on a blog post (eventually) but for you – here are the steps involved.

1. Create a template in your theme for your about pages
    2. Create about pages, assign template created in step 1 to each page
    3. Create custom field ‘author’ on about pages and assign the numerical author id

Here’s the code for your template. It should be place outside the loop (ie. before or after the main template loop):

Code:

Recent blog posts

ID, ‘author’, true)) :
    query_posts(“author=$author&post_status=publish&post_type=post&showposts=$numposts”);
    if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>

” title=”“>

This person doesn’t have a blog yet.

TheDoc

[edit]Dave’s explanation is more in depth, so I’ll remove my little query_posts comment![/edit]

Makeshift

Thank you davesgonebananas. But, how can I have the page I post use that page?

You can create a page template – and assign it in the editor. Instructions can be found at http://codex.wordpress.org/Pages#Page_Templates

Makeshift

Thank you, I noticed that if I had read your first post correctly the first time, I wouldn’t have had a problem..

Thanks much. :D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.