Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Set Up Permissions In WordPress

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Shiloah
    Participant

I would like to know how I can customize WordPress to set up different user permissions. I would like to create a WordPress theme that will have say five departments namely
    Math | English | Science | Music | Computers. These will be represented by the navigation menu. For example the nav tab named Math will be navigation item as well as a name representing that math department.

Each department say the Math department will have a number of users and only one person from that department will have the privilege to add, edit or delete content only to their page/department and not any other Page/department.

Also and more importunately, I want to know how I can customize my WordPress theme so that I control how much HTML or CSS each department can use. For example, I want to limit access to HTML and CSS code so that users do not add code that will break the layout of the site.

demersdesigns
    Participant

This plugin may be helpful for setting privileges within the admin area of WP. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/adminimize/

Shiloah
    Participant

Thanks. I will definitely check it out.

demersdesigns
    Participant

No worries. Glad I could help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.