Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Server Side Data table is very slow

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rohithzr
    Participant

I have a page on my site that displays all the customers list for our clients, i am currently using JQuery Data table plugin for pagination, searching and sorting. It works fine except one problem ‘data loading’. It loads 3000’s of rows from the sql database and populates the table, then apply the jquery plugins for searching, sorting and pagination. This process takes 10 seconds Offline and much more online.

and over this the table has to be loaded again and again for various reasons.

What should I do

Rohithzr
    Participant

umm it is required to load all data but what i have in mind is that it loads 10 entries and when clicked on next page it loads 10 next entries, same when searched it searches all data.

i guess I am making sense
    Edit : No i dont want to cache data as it is kind of sensitive with all names , address and phone numbers etc.

Rohithzr
    Participant

hmm ok thanks was thinking if i can implement ajax there but am not good in ajax as of now. i will keep trying.

thanks a lot!

Rohithzr
    Participant

Fetching through a PHP function that is executing [SELECT * FROM customers WHERE …] and populating it as tr td , Jquery datables edit it and make it divs and add other functionings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.