Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other SEO and hidden keywords

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    virtual
    Participant

A client of mine just sent me a Word document with apparently nothing in it. In fact it is filled with hidden keywords which have been reduced in size so as to appear invisible. He said a friend of his had put this on his site and shot to the top of the first page in Google, and of course he asked me to copy and paste the text onto his site.

I replied that I would advise against doing this as he could get banned by Google. Have any of you come across this and would you advise against it?

TheDoc

Worst idea ever.

If it is just a huge list of hidden words in the body text, not only is it rather unethical (imo) but Google will undoubtedly catch it and ban the site.

If you want to put all of the text into the <meta keyword> area then go for it, but it probably won’t help much.

rzea

That’s one of the oldest Black Hat SEO tricks in the book, and Google already knows about it.

Go ahead, tell your client to mess with Google and he’ll end up being nothing in the Internet. Yes, Google rules the Internet… and we all have to abide by its rules.

Also, ask your client to ask his friend for the URL (URI) of his site so you can check out the code and see for yourself how he ‘supposedly’ pulled it off. If he did, he might’ve probably pulled it off more than 10 years ago.

Have your client’s friend also provide some web analytics of his site, if he really got shot to the first page of Google’s search results, the increase in traffic should be very noticeable.

Also, by knowing the URI of your client’s friend you can see what market he’s actually trying to reach, if he has a business that sells "custom silver patches for overheated tractors during full moon and platypus growing season" then he did probably make it to the first page of Google… because there’s no one in the entire planet with a website like that, only he, so there’s no competition, hence, the first place.

See what I mean? ^_^

rzea

First things first.

WTF is an organic steam cleaner? o_O lol

Secondary things, second.

Quote:
    …if you look for "organic" steam cleaners in his city.

Well, you have to tell us the city ^_^

I looked for "organic steam cleaners" and there are only 104.000 (three zeroes) results competing for that keyword… ¬¬, seriously. Try competing for "stock photos"… 241 million results, that’s SIX ZEROES!

For you to see the small hidden text in his site all you have to do is CTRL+A the page, everything will be selected with blue background and white text (only background images won’t be selected).

Anyway, tell your client: "Mr. Client, let’s assume you never asked me that question, trust me, you’re not in the organic steam cleaners business", lol.

rzea

Ok, several things.

About www . organicsteam-clean . com (I deliberately broke the link so he doesn’t get any more incoming links from respectable sites, css-tricks.com in this case), they’ve been around only 3 months, yes, they purchased the domain in November 9 of 2009. However, they could be less then 3 months on the web since some people purchase the domain and a few weeks later the site is launched.

Here’s their whois info (And yes, posting his info here is legal since everyone who owns a domain has their information available to the public):

Registrant:
    Rotovac Corporation

17905 Bothell Everett Hwy
    Mill Creek, Washington 98012
    United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc.
    Domain Name: ORGANICSTEAM-CLEAN.COM
    Created on: 25-Nov-09
    Expires on: 25-Nov-11
    Last Updated on: 07-Jan-10

And finally, about www . organicsteam-clean . com, I need to laugh: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA!!!

lol, the reason I did that was because it’s incredible how they stuffed that page with keywords, zip codes and cities, hehe.

I assume is a matter of time before something goes wrong with that site. I sure hope so :twisted:

As for the website for "ACSR conductors", the website I suppose you’re referring to is any of these two: www .acsrconductor. com or www .patelwire. com.

If it is one of those sites, I do see an intention of hiding words, just CTRL+A and you’ll the words "ACSR ACSR" only a few times, nothing compared to the sh!t-load of stuffed keywords from the organic site, hehe.

Looking at their whois info, yes, they’ve been around for a long time, 9 and a half years:

Registrant:
    Patel Wire Industries

Plot 3, Ground Floor
    Keluskar Road, Shivaji Park
    Mumbai, Maharashtra 400028
    India

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc.
    Domain Name: ACSRCONDUCTOR.COM
    Created on: 09-Jun-03
    Expires on: 09-Jun-10
    Last Updated on: 09-Jun-09

Now, if that’s not the site, I just wasted my time, lol :P .

Anyway, although a VERY ugly website, I don’t think they’re doing any keyword stuffing. The "organic-stuffing" site beats anyone, relol :lol:

What a waste of time and energy from those people building those sites, dang.

L8r!

arjunvasudeva
    Participant

@virtual

OMFG, that http://www.organicsteam-clean.com/index.php website needs to get caught, lol just below the green text, there’s thousands of small white keywords.

Look people:

mrchrisseattle
    Participant

In regards to our customers website, http://www. organicsteam-clean .com we allow them to edit any of the meta tags and content of their own websites. The website was built to the specifications of the client and from there they have full access to change any content they want 24/7. I agree that the tactics that they are using should be caught by google and know that Rotovac did not setup his website with black hat SEO tactics. I just thought I should clear that up.

-Rotovac Web Dept.

arsoneffect
    Participant

Would this be considered Blackhat SEO?
    http://www. pointclickshoot .com

These are keywords related to the site and it’s services.The site was created to use an AJAX-based navigation system so that the user never has to refresh the website to see the content, which in turn ended up not being SEO-friendly.

chrisburton
    Participant

Google just updated their algorithm and I wouldn’t advise doing this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Penguin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.