Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Semi-transparent containers with rounded corners

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    skiabox

As the topic says I want to create a container that will be semi-transparent with a degrade color and with round corners.
    What is the best way to do it (in a way that it is fully browser compatible)?
    Than you very much.

Andy Staple
    Participant

not really any way to do it and make it fully compatible with IE 6 & 7 without using some javascript or a hack.

For the transparency, the easiest would probably be using transparent .PNG background images, and then adding the PNGfix for IE. Then its simply adding the image(s) to the background of your css.

For the rounded corners you can either use background images, or use another IE target to give them a js script that’ll turn some elements into rounded corners. I dont’ recall the name of them, but there are a few. I don’t worry about giving IE users the rounded corners as its not worth the extra effort for me. If the rounded corners of the containers are a huge part of your design, look up some of the js options, or use the transparent .png’s and make them have rounded corners.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.