Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Seeking Advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello Everyone,

I’m working on a school project for an affiliated organization and I’m having a couple problems. I know the coding is probably horrible, but this is my first time, so don’t bash me too hard.

http://www.sencer.net/new/index-sencer.html

and

http://www.sencer.net/new/index-ncsce.html

Basically, I’m trying to keep a one pixel distance between the bottom of the main navigation and the slider wrapper on both sites but it only looks good in one browser. I have been trying to tweak the padding-bottom in index-sencer.css and index-ncsce.css, but it doesn’t look consistent in Chrome, Firefox, and IE. Does anyone have any suggestions on this or maybe a different route I can take?

Secondly, I’m trying to position “click here to find initiatives.” on this page to be below the map image but every time I try, it pushes the text to the first column. I’m assuming it has to do with the width of the third column, but I’m not totally sure. Any suggestions?

I appreciate the help and thanks in advance.

TheDoc

As for the first issue, it looks the same for me in Chrome, FF and IE8 – not sure where your problem is!

As far as issue numero dos is concerned, it’s because you don’t have a width assigned to content3. If you give it a width and also float it to the left, your problem will be solved.

I was able to fix my first issue just recently by assigning the masthead bottom padding as a global style and then added bottom-padding to the sencer logo because it isn’t as tall as the ncsce logo.

I’ll have to try out your input for the content3 div.

Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.