Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript [Solved] Scroll to specific PDF page with JavaScript

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Shiloah
    Participant

I am a newbie with JavaScript. Is there a way I can use JavaScript to scroll to specific pages of my pdf file containing 100 pages. My goal is to be able to maintain one pdf file rather than splitting it up into individual files that I can link to manually. Thanks

georgearnall
    Participant

This should help. I don’t understand why you wish to use javascript for something like this. Are you trying to create a ‘scroll’ transition or merely want to go straight to a specific part of the document?

Paulie_D

It’s been a while but don’t PDFs support bookmarks etc?

Shiloah
    Participant

The problem that I am running into with this solution is that it still the other parts of the PDFf file are still showing. For example, if myfile.pdf has 10 pages and I create a link to only page 5 as … <a href="myfile.pdf#page=5">Tips</a>, the rest of the pages that follow are also display.

Paulie_D

That seems like the normal behaviour….after all it’s a multi-page file and you are just linking to a specific point in it.

georgearnall
    Participant

Unfortunately, I have never heard of a solution that allows you to only display part of a PDF file and hide the rest. You might be able to find some software that can split up your document.
    But really, your only options are to separate it into individual files or use the solution I gave you and deal with the extra pages :)

Shiloah
    Participant

Thanks for all the help. I will stick to the suggested solution for now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.