Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Scan page source and output number?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    HOFB2013
    Participant

Hi

I am just wondering if via JavaScript its possbile to scan a page and pickup a certain value that is only ever seen via doing View Source?

Is something like this possible in JavaScript and how much would it cost?

Basically just need to say V123 is what I expect to see.. Scan certain page and check if value V123 is returned in the source. If it is then green text or icon and if it is not then perhaps red text or red icon.

Possible?

Paulie_D

Almost certainly.

JS (or Jquery) could look through the DOM for a string and if the string is found do something.

Just wondering though…what this would be for?

how much would it cost?

Oh…and what does this mean?

HOFB2013
    Participant

Hi

A bit like a mini dashboard I suppose just to check that version numbers across several subdomains all match and are correct and don’t go out of sync (can go out of sync via server cache). So this page that would check the version would just allow me to look at it see that one subdomains fallen out of sync code wise and I can fix it rather then manually checking all of these via view source like I currently do.

How much would it cost to get something like that coded? I don’t have any scripting experience and pretty much googled and came here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.