Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS running 2 loops?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    magicmike06

so here is my problem. I am doing a blog for a radio dj/ tv host/ writer. He wants his tv show which is posted on vimeo to have its own page. so i created 2 different blogrolls running to loops. the problem in lies. I want the tv show blog roll to only show the specific category which is mergeoutloud. I was able to do that by useing this this peace of code

query_posts('category_name=mergeoutloud');
    ?>

now my problem is that on the home pages blog i do not want the merge out loud posts to show up there. I tried
    using this

query_posts('cat=-2');}?>

to exclude the category but it doesn’t seems to work… and yes that it is the right category number. Ive tried a few different configurations that take the merge out loud posts off the home blog but then when u go to view older posts it shows the same to most recent.

anyone got any ideas i am ready to pull my hair out please help!

the website is sethtowerhurd.com

TheDoc

You’ve got an extra curly bracket in there, should be:

magicmike06

removed it but still doesnt seem to be working any other ideas?

TT_Mark

Try:

TheDoc

Please show us the whole code for the home page, that will help us dissect the problem.

jfreehill

Nice looking site there. Anyway, first always check the Codex for other answers before asking, it’s the best way to learn. If you tried other avenues then make a note of it. ;)

Now, give this a try:

query_posts(array('category__not_in' => 2));

If that’s not working either double check the category ID or just post the index.php code.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.