Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Resize post image to thumbnail size

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    emma
    Participant

Hello all,

Chris, thanks for a great site! I am a pretty new in the design/development business and css-tricks has really helped me loads in all sorts of ways.
    So I decided to learn WordPress as my first CMS and so far it’s all been pretty smooth and painless, but since my php skills are pretty rubbish I have now run into some problems and I was hoping you guys might be able to help. I am trying to display the most recent post of my Events category on my home page. So far it’s going well, everything is displayed as intended (date, title and content). This is my code:

Code:

query(‘cat=4&showposts=1’); ?>

have_posts()) : $recent_events->the_post(); ?>

• “>

Now: I would like to display images as well, which it does at the moment, but my question is, how do I resize the post images to display as (max-width: 50px / max-height:50px) thumbnails?

One more thing, is there a way of making the title link (<a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a>) to link to the category page rather than the permalink to the post?

So if someone clicks on the title it brings them to my Events News page, and if they click on the ‘More…’ it takes them to the single post (as it does at the moment).

Thanks in advance!

em

AshtonSanders
Participant

I just found this plugin today, and it is freaking fantastic:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-post-thumbnail/

It lets you upload, and crop images to your pre-determined sizes with a beautiful wysiwyg editor. I’m in love.

davesgonebananas

Hi Emma,

You need to unzip the file then follow the instructions at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp- … tallation/

Have fun.
Dave

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)