Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Ragged background color behind titles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jtrusz

Hey guys .. new here, have been looking online for a solution for some time, but looking for a way to add a ragged background color to text that spans multiple lines. I dont want a rectangle behind the full text, but just behind each line of text. Is there a preferred method of achieving this ?

Any help would be great.
    thanks

TheDoc

Do you have a picture of what you’re trying to achieve? Can’t quite picture it.

standuncan

You can use a small grunge texture and have it repeat as the background of your

tags or heading tags. I think that is what you mean. And if you don’t want it to look too much like a repeating pattern you can look up randomizing multiple background images with CSS3. I think that is what you are asking??

jtrusz

Hey … so the effect I’m looking to do can be viewed here : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2128494/raggedTitle.png
    Hope that makes sense, and is achieveable. Setting it to be the background of a header tag just does a solid rectangle, and not on a per line basis.

Hope that makes sense.
    thanks

chrisburton
    Participant

line-height should be the fix for that.

Edit: I skimmed too quickly. I see you don’t want the rectangle it outputs.
    I think you may need javascript for this. Try lettering.js

TheDoc

Aaaahhhh. That’s a little more tricky I think. I have a feeling you might need to use JS. I would try to find a site that is doing the same thing and see what they are doing.

chrisburton
    Participant

@thedoc I spoke before refreshing and see that we both came to the same conclusion. So again, I would say use lettering.js

rch
    Participant

Can this help?
    test

jtrusz

Oh thats great … thanks very much !! Some cliping happening on the decenders, but can probably sort that out. Thanks again ! You guys rock.

jtrusz

So this works well … however if the text spans multiple lines it sits flush to the left side. Is there anyway (i assume not) through CSS to keep padding on multiple lines. If i add padding to the span, it includes it at the start of the first line, and the end of the last line.
    thanks guys !

kooka

Hi mate… the test link is not up anymore…
    What solution did you end up using?

cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.