Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Question about the LODGE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mareSLO
    Participant

Hi there,

I`m thinking about subscribing to the LODGE for at least a month, to soak up as much content as i can, and would like to know how up to date everything is ?
    Is the content relevant to how people desing and develop websites/apps, this days ? Are the practices used in the videos still up to date and not arhaic ?

I would preferably like to hear from someone that has an active subscription right now.

Hope this is the correct part of the forum to post this kind of question.

Alen
    Participant

@mareSLO

I’m not a member but I’m sure if you email Chris he’ll give you more details. Also visit http://www.css-tricks.com/lodge and read trough the description and see if it’s something you’re interested. SVG course is probably up to date, not sure about the jQuery one, WordPress course is still benifitial as the overall concepts don’t change much.

mareSLO
    Participant

I did read through the description and i`m interested. That is exactly why i posted this question here, because of my interest. Well no matter, i emailed css tricks about this, so hope to get an answer soon.

Steven
    Participant

I have a subscription to the Lodge, though honestly I don’t use it much.

I’ve watched bits of the jQuery and SVG courses. The jQuery one might be out of date, but I’d say only “technically” out of date if you’re looking for something that goes over all the nuanced changes in any incredibly recent release. The SVG course was a great primer course to get myself up to speed, as I’d never really looked into SVG or tried it before.

I haven’t watched any of the previous courses, but if you’re looking for a nice course on either jQuery or SVG that will walk through concepts in a comfortable screencast setting, I’d say try it out for a month.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.