Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other PSD Filter problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    meals303

Hi Folks,

Not sure if this is the right place for my post but it is in regards to creating a background in Photoshop CS3. I have been working on a website background and using a tutorial it mentions to fill a layer with beige, then in a new layer change the foreground & background to specific colours and then use the FILTER > RENDER > CLOUDS. Up to this point everything is fine.

The next part is where I have a problem. On the same layer with the Clouds effect, I need to use FILTER > ARTISTIC > PALLET KNIEF, when I go to the control bar to select these options Artisitc, Brushstrokes, Sketch, Texture, Video options are not avaiable.

How can I make these Filters active?

What I have tried:
    – restart PSD CS3
    – restart my PC
    – I opened up an image.jpg on my desktop which was taken straight from my camera and tried to do the filter on the original file and it worked.
    – created a new .jpg file of the clouds and import it on to my working .psd file but the Filter options wouldn’t work
    – emailed myself the .jpg file of the clouds deleted the old file off my PC and tried it in my .psd file but no luck either.

Is there something I have missed? will ALL the filter options only become active if I don’t create anything in PSD (that I make) but will work on an external image from somewhere else?

I would greatly appreciate any help on this problem. Many Thanks,
    Meals

TheDoc

Strange, I just tried it and it worked fine.

Make sure you still have the clouds layer selected in the layers pallet. That’s the only thing I can think of that might be going wrong.

meals303

Hi Doc

Thanks for replying, I tried it your way but still some of the options including ARTISTIC filter is not showing up. I even opened a new file (went to filters and some of the filters not showing as active).

Tried the cloud filter then tried to select Artistic filter but didn’t work (only some of the filters show active as previously mentioned). It’s very confusing and annoying :?

meals303

By George I think I’ve got it…

The current PSD file in ‘Colour Mode’ was CMYK colour, I created a new file but changed the setting’s to RGB colour (when you hit Ctrl + N, you get the pop-up box to sort the file settings) and now all Filter options are available now. I tried out another CMYK file but most of the Filters did not work like before.

Woohoo!! Solved :D

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.