Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Problem with dropdown menu only in IE7 for joomla site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ctecha

Hi everybody,

New to the forums here. Having a problem with a dropdown menu in IE7 that appears underneath everything else on the page. It only happens in this browser and not the others. I’ve tried a lot of different things with position relative and z index and I can’t seem to figure out how to make the menu appear above the content. In Firefox and even the other IE browsers you can see that the menu appears like it should but in IE7 it shows underneath. Any idea on how to fix this problem?

Thanks for your help

Alex

Brightonmike

I’m having the same problem, and like you, the z-index fix people tell you about didn’t work. Sucks.

ctecha

Could try that jquery function but would rather try to fix it with CSS. I don’t know what that function would do to the rest of the layout. I’ve seen problems with zindex and IE7 before but not like this where nothing I do with zindex fixes the issue. Anybody have any ideas on this?

ctecha

Finally got the menu dropdown to appear above the content but I can’t for the life of me get it to appear of this slideshow in Joomla. I’m using gavick photoslide gk2 and the mega menu appears beneath it no matter what I do. If you look in firefox at this site you can see the slideshow. I have it turned off right now on IE7 because its a live site but anybody know what could be causing that? wmode or zindex? I tried position relative changes, z index, looked for wmode, haven’t had success yet. Here is the URL:

http://elmbrookschools.org

ctecha

I noticed on this page too that the dropdown menu appears below the middle of the page. It seems any container with position: relative on it appears above the dropdown menu on this site. I think this is an IE7 bug but I have no idea on how to fix it. Please check out this page in IE7.

http://www.elmbrookschools.org/elmbrook-advantages.html

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.