Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Problem with clear:both

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RobbG
    Participant

I have a existing website with is a 2 columns and a sidebar. I am trying to implement a service directory program into the existing design. The program uses clear:both in divs, the problem is if I leave the side bar in place it shoves all the text to the bottom of my webpage, if I remove the sidebar it works fine. I have tried changing the width and removing some of the clear:both divs, but it then screws up the programs output. I am not sure what the sidebar does to the clear:both. Any ideas?

TheDoc

Do you have a link?

RobbG
    Participant

Sorry, here is the link Submit Listing
    As you will see the registration is all the way on the bottom when it should be at the top under where the buttons are located.

wolfcry911
    Participant

The sidebar is a float, so the clear:both on the input parent’s parent is forcing the content below the sidebar. This is the clearfix method – its used to have an element contain floating children (the div containing the inputs is a float). I would remove the ‘cf’ class from the grandparent div (with the class of ‘wpbdp-bar’) and the float from .wpdbp-main-links

RobbG
    Participant

It is a wordpress theme, I didn’t code it, I am just trying to get the directory plug in work display correctly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.