Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Problem loading images in WordPress theme

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Arvid

Hey everyone, I’m having a weird problem with WordPress at the moment, it can’t load images that I specified in the theme code.

• psykoanalytikerna

When I preview my theme the images doesn’t show up and when I look in FIrebug it sais “failed to load image url”. I apreciate any help I can get, thanks!

chrisburton
    Participant

What’s the link to the image?

Arvid

wapm/www/wp-content/themes/mytheme/logo1.jpg, same folder as thee index, page and single files.

chrisburton
    Participant

Try adding a slash before logo1.jpg
    /logo1.jpg

– Post back if that doesn’t do the trick. If not you’ll most likely have to reference:
    /wp-content/themes/mytheme/logo1.jpg

Edit: Personally what I do is have a separate images folder in the root section and that’s where I reference all my images from in my CSS.
    /images/logo.png

Arvid

Yeah, first I had all images in a separate folder, but they wouldn’t appear so I moved them to the root folder in lack of better advice, sadly that didn’t work either. Adding slashes doesn’t help either, but I really appreciate your effort to help.

TheDoc

If your images are in your theme folder, you’ll have to do something like this:

Arvid

Thanks @TheDoc, you’re life saver (pun intended).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.