Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Problem positioning nav elements

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m having trouble positioning nav elements on this page and have played around with margins, etc but no change.

Placing your cursor on “About Us” you’ll notice the upper border of “History” appears to be under the upper menu. Also, if you go to “Newsroom” it appears the left border of the selection(s) “images, etc” is over the right border of the previous and subsequent selections.

What am I missing to move these so the butt up against and not overlap?

Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings Steven,

Thank you for your reply. I’m actually wanting to move the “buttons” so they don’t overlap one another. I added your coding but in only increased the borders (if I did it correctly) but didn’t solve my problem.

Best Regards.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings Steven,

I don’t know. I don’t use chrome, but it is overlapping in IE and Firefox.

At closer inspection it does look as though the upper border is missing instead of being under the upper bar. Strange.

Best Regards.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Steven,

The top: works at 20px but the top border is missing for the “History” button. There is a gap which shows the background color.

Thoughts as to why the upper boarder is missing?

Best Regards.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings Steven,

I’ve changed the color to red and dowloaded the update page here. I see that all “buttons” have a red upper border except the upper buttons in the drop downs. For example, the history button under about us is sans of the red top border, but those beneath show it. The same is true in IE 8 on my end. I’m also using Firefox 25.0.1.

Best Regards.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Perfect!

Now how do I shift the flyout from the “newsroom” button right 2px?

Best Regards.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Steven,

Well, I spoke too soon. Adding the border-top: 1px solid #5A524A; to .top-nav li ul adds an extra to border to the images, media contact, and news releases under the newsroom button.

Best Regards.

Anonymous
    Inactive

No, but .tert-nav > li, .tert-nav > li a { left:2px; works.

Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Doh!

I’ve been playing around with the coding to try to learn some more about it and it all ran together. My apologies.

Many thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes indeed, thanks to you! Here is the result: link A few more things needed for the site, but tomorrow is another day!

Best Regards Steven!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.