Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Portfolio Site Redesign

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ctate76

Just recently updated my portfolio site, I currently don’t have the old one up live right now but any comments or suggestions to the new one would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.christiantate.net

Thanks!

Andy Staple
    Participant

Overall I like that it is clear, concise and to the point.

A few things I’d considering experimenting with changes are:
    -The amount of noise in your background. I think the noisy backgrounds are nice simple backgrounds, but maybe just tone it down a bit.
    -The Checkmarks in your services list are huge comparative to every other detail on the site. maybe shrink those to half the size they are now to make it flow a bit better down there.
    -this is more just my opinion, but the banner wrapping around content design seems to be getting overplayed as of late. I’ve been guilty of it myself too, but it just seems like every other site is using it now.

ctate76

Andy, thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

The only reason I had so much noise in my bg was to make the transparent white in the content area stand out some more but I am going to look at some more subtle options for bg.

Definitely will be knocking down those check marks too.

Was just testing out the wraps and liked them so I kept them, not married to them…

All in all, this is all very helpful.

Thanks again

cecil

The one thing that stands out the most is the background image that you used. I think that you should take the grain down alot to make it act more like a background.

DarrenClark

I agree with the other guys. I’m not a fan of the BG, maybe try experimenting with light pastel colours, having the centre panel slightly darker/lighter than the overall BG of the page.

I like the simplicity of the site, the only thing I would say (but this is a personal preference), is to maybe have a bit more padding overall. It seems things are a bit tight at the moment, especially on the body text.

SpaciousMind

"implementation" not "implimentation"

:)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.