Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Portable CSS preprocessor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ilan Firsov
    Participant

I have a portable development environment set up and I would like to add a possibility to use SASS. Started using SASS on codepen and I’m starting to get used to it. Thought it would be convenient to use it on my portable environment.
    Can anyone recommend a portable preprocessor?
    A plus for free or low cost
    I’m running on Windows

Paulie_D

If you mean that you can’t use server side scripting then https://prepros.io/ would probably do but most pre-processors work on a local environment,,,including laptops.

Ilan Firsov
    Participant

I mean something I install on/copy to a USB flash drive (or external hard drive) and can use on multiple computers without installing the app on the local computer. See portableapps.com for examples

Ilan Firsov
    Participant

I think I managed to install Scout on my USB flash drive. Though the computer still must have the Adobe Air framework installed to be able to use it

Paulie_D

Scout isn’t maintained any more AFAIK and hasn’t been for some time (again AFAIK).

As for Propros…I’m not sure. You probably could install it on an external drive (assuming the licence agreement lets you).

__
    Participant

I mean something I install on/copy to a USB flash drive (or external hard drive) and can use on multiple computers without installing the app on the local computer. See portableapps.com for examples

hm.. Somewhat outdated approach, isn’t it? Does this offer you a significant advantage over carrying around a little netbook? Or a bootable USB stick? Not trying to push you around, but have you considered these options?

Ilan Firsov
    Participant

It has it’s advantages. For one it’s so small you can fit it on a keychain and wherever you go you have everything you need.
    A bootable USB is a bit less convenient since you have to restart the computer to boot to your dev environment.
    A small laptop would be perfect, but I can’t really afford one right now. Maybe in a few months. I actually need to replace my old iMac (mid 2007, yep that old) and upgrade it to something like a Macbook pro

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.