Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Please review my site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    noibaitaxi

Please review my site Airport Taxi , what do you think of the design

My Webpage http://www.noibaitaxi.com

Please review my site and let me know if you spotted any potential problems. Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks

AlCapone
    Participant

Not hugely keen on the design but its cross browser compliant which is a good thing!

The design looks cookie cutter,stale, and like an off the shelf template…but again…its cross browser compliant.

The only thing I really would say is kill the flashing text, your going to give someone a seizure and it looks like its from the late 90’s.

samrou

Hello,

I had a look at your site and I agree with plys up there. You should never use Flashing text…ever. It’s really not easy to read or understand. You’ve got a lot of information on there and I really like how you organized the links in the bottom half of the design.

I think your major problem here is your visual hierarchy. You’ve got a really busy and visually heavy header in your site. I would recommend going through your site and picking out what you need and what you really don’t. Remember sometimes less is actually more.

Also remember that you should try balancing your content especially when using grids like this. If you have a lot of text on the right balance it with one picture on the left.

White space and margins are also very important. I recommend opening up some area in between your content so your users can easily float from one section to the other. This will also improve your design.

Another thing, ditch the green and red text fast. It’s a bad color combination when you’ve already picked out a scheme of blue and white.

If your lost for a design try looking for taxi site that have a really nice design and try figuring what makes it look good.

I hoped I helped. ! :D

burtflaxton
    Participant

I have no idea what to do on your site. Currently there is no hierarchy of elements to give the visitor clues of where to start- or what is more relevant to my needs as a visitor. I personally like the design & layout, but there needs to be something other than flashing gifs to get a visitors attention. I tend to ignore flashing text on sites because that is a dead giveaway that it is an ad or “trying” to get your attention. You need to be subtle as a designer, this is not subtle.

Keep the layout, colors, and navigation.

Change the things mentioned above.

coffeendonut

the letters make your site looks Suspicious kinda like those old crazy ads dat flashed like crazy i remember one of those ads saying “Click Me.! ” and it was flashing the same it just gave me temptation to do so and they desperate you bloodthirsty … but most of them are like trojan download… some improvements will do just fine…

Rob MacKay
    Participant

I have to agree – the first thing that you need to deal with is the flashing text. I understand your idea, and it being visible, but it just makes it look like spam.

I would really consider – if you have the scope to, simplifying that front page. People land on a page and look at it for only a few seconds, you need them to take that next click… When I landed on that page it just gave me information overload and I did not know where to go.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.