Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Please rate my design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mak

Hi guys, my name Augustine Mak I am new here. What a great Forum.
    I ve been working in a mock up of a portfolio site and would like to know what you guys think.

your views will be greatly appreciated : )

view design here

telters

I think that looks great!

Hayley

Wow, I think it looks very nice. I agree the free quote box looks a little too heavy/blocky for the rest of the site. Other than that, it looks great.

mak

thanks for you comment, i am going to do a few more tweaks to the final design especially on the quote box

CoolAsCarlito
    Participant

Hey did you get that design/layout ideas from somewhere? I’m looking for some additional ideas to make my own page.

mak

Yes I do, before I start designing I look at other sites for inspiration. Here are some examples :
    http://sixrevisions.com/design-showcase-inspiration/web-designs-use-nature/
    http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009/04/50-excellent-corporate-website-designs/

I hope you will find this helpful.

createe

Mak,

I think the best feedback I can give you is to reconsider the font choice for the opening header. You have a number of clean-edged details in your design, but the classical font choice quite doesn’t mesh.

You can opt for a more recent type to really give the site an identity. Also, browns are difficult to match with other colors (accent or highlight colors for example). If it’s too late to change the overall color scheme, try taking down the saturation a bit.

Good work!

ClickSSL
    Participant

Good lokking, Excellent.

simondo00

Its a very well designed mock up with good use of layout and colours. The only adjustment that I would make would be to the text colour of the main content in the middle of the page. I would use an off white colour instead of the brownish colour.

This is the paragraphs under headings Gallery, Photos, Projects, Support and paragraph in speech bubble.

Hope this is of help to you!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.