Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other photoshop issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cybershot
    Participant

I am trying to copy a layer in photoshop so that I can copy it to a new document. I have found that there are times when I press ctrl + C and the layer copies just fine. There are other times when I try it and nothing happens like is is now. So I googled it and they say to press ctrl + shift + C and that will copy your layer as if it is flattened but again, it’s not working. I don’t understand why it works sometimes and not others. I am trying to create an action where I can select layers, press f2 and it will copy the layers into a new document, trim the transparent pixels and let me save the image for use in my template. Does anyone know why it won’t let me copy the layers? They are not locked.

Senff
    Participant

I usually just right-click on the layer (in the LAYERS pane, not the image itself) and from the menu that appears, select Duplicate Layer, but not sure how to make an action for that.

Maybe you’ll need to include a “Select all” step (CTRL+A) in the layer before you copy it?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.