Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Personal Website Design Concept – Open For Feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Thadley
    Participant

Hey everybody!

I just finished creating this concept for a redesign for my personal portfolio website. I’m open for constructive criticism to help me polish this out so it can ultimately be a really sweet looking site. I’m going for a minimalist style and so far I believe it has potential.

Right now, I personally find it is missing something and that could possibly be some sort of coloured shapes in a pattern maybe coming out from either side (behind it of course) of the main content area. That could be one possibility.

So throw your feedback this way because I’m looking forward to outside opinions.

Thanks a bunch.

Redesign Concept Image v1

ArchDesignLabs
    Participant

I think the website is actually pretty neat. I am not a huge fan of putting two bright colors next to each other I normally gravitate to site that have a brilliant pop of color that is anchored by a darker color.

Love that you used the term “sexy design” in your description. Great!

TheDoc

I think the purple and blue that you’ve chosen contrast with each other quite a bit. I like the structure of the layout though – looks nice and clean.

Thadley
    Participant

@TheDoc I think the solution to the purple and blue contrasting each other is to kill the brightness just a bit and make them both a bit darker?

Do you have any suggestions on how to add some more graphics to enhance the overal design?

OniLinkCR

^^^ Icons would do the job. ;)

Thadley
    Participant

@OniLinkCR That could probably add the touch I think it is missing. Icons for what exactly? The navigation?

OniLinkCR

Sorry for the delayed response. Was thinking they should go where the checkmarks are. Give it a shot.

Thadley
    Participant

So you mean icons to replace the checkmarks? Just a bit confused as to what the icons are to be?

No worries about the delayed response lol :P

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.