Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Pending Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mwdewitt

Can you please look at my new website, here, and tell me your opinion. Be thorough. I want to make this the best damn website it can be. Thank you for all your advice!

Paulie_D

Just one thing:

You shouldn’t have this empty. I know it has your logo as a bg inage but an empty h1 tag isn’t good for being found by search engines.

Put the ID of “logo” on the link instead of the h1, put ‘Minter Tweed’ in between the h1 tags and then kick it off the page with a big negative margin on the #logo h1 tag.

Like this: http://tinkerbin.com/SkevInh0

Paulie_D

Another thing: Copyright 1985 – 2011…Really!?

As this is a new page you should only have 2011. Once expressed Copyright extends from them on and you can’t claim copyright retrospectively.

Unless it was a joke of course.

mwdewitt

@stevencrader: Thank you. Yeah, the home page will grow as Minter Tweed puts more and more blog posts on the home page. Right now, there is only the one because the website was just launched.

@Paulie_D
    : I actually thought that is what I did, because it still sees the title of the website as being “Minter Tweed.” I will have to check that out. Thank you. And also, you got it! It is meant to be a joke. That is when Minter Tweed was born. But if it wasn’t very funny, then I can change it to be the current year. Thank you, once again.

Edit: Okay, I fixed the h1 tag. I really thought I had already done that. Thank you for being so direct with your code. I don’t think I would have known how to fix it otherwise. Haha!

mwdewitt

Okay, now I have a new problem. The logo image is no longer a link to the home page…and it just puts a big block of dark red over the logo when you scroll over it with the mouse. Help!

mwdewitt

Thank you for being direct with your coding solutions. I am a novice and I am still trying to grasp certain concepts (as you can probably tell by my coding). Haha! Thanks.

davidlab.be
    Participant

I noticed all the social links that you have, but also noticed that a lot of them you don’t use much. Everyone these days are caught up in social this and social that. They feel the more places they belong to the more popular they will be. Well…not true. If you only have limited time then stick to a few of them 2-3 and rock them hard. As time goes and you have more time to put the effort into the others social sites then add them. Does not look so good when someone visits one of your social links and finds you have no followers or contributions.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.