Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Parralax scrolling website in IE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I’m in need of assistance! I have created a parralax scrolling website for my client, and everything works fine in all browsers, except in IE there is a lot of extra space, and I have tried everything I can think of!

The testing site is:
    http://www.octaneprotein.com.au/home.html

Try checking it out in Firefox, then IE. it’s driving me nuts!

I’m using one CSS for all browsers, and the html5shiv.js.

Not to mention I’m completely self-taught when it comes to web design X_X

Merri
    Participant

More or less seems to work OK in IE6, IE7 and IE10. You could use conditional comments to target IE8 and IE9 with some extra CSS to fix them. Not very elegant but would get the job done.

Another route would be to make a minimal test case to CodePen that replicates the problem.

You didn’t see the difference between firefox and IE? :
    The site works, but it has cosmetic issues in IE.

Okay, so IE isn’t reading the correct style sheet. I made two, and the if statements work fine, and it’s recognising different browsers.

but IE isn’t reading that CSS. it’s still reading the other one. X_X

Do I need to take away the if !IE comment?

Also, i’m using html5shiv.js to enable html5 in iE. but this also seems to override the css?

Okay, I’m about to have a heart attack, I’m so confused. And I apologize in advance for being so stupid.
    Did as you said. but it’s still only reading the non-IE css.

HTML5 shiv seems to be working fine.

Nevermind! i got it working. It was something reaaaaally stupid that I overlooked. A tiny piece of html in the wrong spot.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.