Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS overflow:hidden alternative for IOS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Overflow:hidden does not work on mobile safari for some reason, and the frame stretches because of that. Is there another way to prevent the frame from showing the overflown content? visit this website http://tinyurl.com/a9n3mog on an IOS device to see what i mean.

Derek Wood
    Participant

I see the bottom of the phone sticking out of the div and the bottom border is gone. Is that what you mean? In any event, I use overflow hidden all the time on responsive sites and this is never an issue but many things affect each other. There is plenty of suspect code in your source. As a test case, I would make a simple jsfiddle or code pen with just an image in a box that it smaller then itself and see what happens.

Paulie_D

Why would you want to use overflow:hidden on a mobile site?

Don’t you want the all content to be seen, even if the user has to scroll down to see it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Paulie D well there’s not much to see. Its only a very small portion of the image. But the iframe stretches to show the overflown portion. And i dont want that.

Paulie_D

Sounds as though you haven’t set the properties correctly in the media queries.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.