Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Organic Tabs dependency on jQuery1.4

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Digitalbrit

Hi – I am hoping to use Chris’ Organic Tabs jQuery plugin on a Drupal site. However Drupal does not currently support jQuery 1.4 which it appears is a dependancy for this plugin.

Not being up on jQuery could anyone give me a pointer as to what is making this dependent on 1.4. I am wondering if/how this could be recoded to work with either 1.3.2 or 1.2.6 (which are currently supported by Drupal).

Thanks for looking
    Tim

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I think it’s probably .delegate() – is that in use there? You’ll have to remove that and use something like .click() or whatever. I wonder what kind of sludge Drupal has going on it doesn’t support 1.4.

Digitalbrit

Thanks Chris, I’ll start digging.
    Yeah Drupal 6 ships with an earlier version of jQuery and there is no easy way to replace that without hacking its core.

bearstar
    Participant

I am finding the exact same problem in Drupal. Is there any advice about making the organic tabs script backward compatible with jquery1.3.2?
    I tried changing .delegate() to .click() which resulted in another error in the jquery 1.3.2.js file: handler.apply not defined.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.