Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Open tab from external link

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    figu78

Hi,

I really like organic tabs but i’m a newbie with Js/Jquery so I think that I need some help from you. What I’d like is to create a menu bar on the top of the page with several links (contact, gallery,…) when I click on each link the page will do a scroll to (scrollTo) the tab zone and the tab will be open.
    The thing is that I don’t know how to activate the tab when I click on the top menu, so only the current tab do the trick. when I click the other links, the page scrolls to the tabe zone but the tab doesn’t open.

This is a portion of my index:

Could you help me??

Thanks!
    D.

soap
    Participant

I don’t know how Organic Tabs works, I just do ’em myself, but are you asking how to change the state of a tab to an “onstate” once you’ve clicked on it?

figu78

What I want is to set an “active” state to the tab that will be open from a menu bar from the top.
    – In the top of the page 3 links: gallery, about us and contact
    – Bottom: 3 tabs, gallery, about us and contact
    – Gallery is the first tab, so is open and active,
    – The other 2 are not active
    – If I click on the top menu “About us” the tab will not open because the only tab active is gallery

I’ve got a scroll effect so when you click on each of the top links the page should go down to the tabs zone, but only works with the tab that is already active, in this case if I click on Gallery de page goes down but when i click on the others, nothing happend.

So I need to change to active the tab linked with the top menu link.

alexBelley
    Participant

I need this on my website too.

I’m not a beast in jQuery but i can handle some, but i’m not able to trigger all the function on an exertal element. The function open the tab in the block in wich she’s called, and I think that the function must search in all the website, but I don’t know how to do this…

Help will be very appreciated !!

P.S. Sorry for my English :D

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.