- This topic is empty.
April 22, 2010 at 1:08 pm #28812pelinorMember
I have been working on this message board Runboard Design and have gotten it to display correctly in all of the modern browsers but IE is giving me fits. I can handle the IE not supporting the CSS2 pseudo-class format which I used for the variable width separators and deco-elements but the calendar doesn’t display correctly in any of the IE family except IE7 and for the life of me I cannot figure out why. The calendar is a unordered list that allows links in the li and ul. Can anything be done to get the thing to show properly in the other IE browsers?
Thanks in advance for any and all help on this…
PelinorApril 22, 2010 at 2:07 pm #74591Rob MacKayParticipant
The funny thing about IE is that if something isn’t valid is throws a wobbler sometimes. These problems can cascade. IE isn’t as forgiving as the other browsers, that’s why sometimes it seems like IE is rubbish (which it is) although a lot of the time is bad practice.
Anyway my point is I ran that site through the validator and it came back with 364 Errors and 5 warnings.
So I would look into that first – you don’t have to get every error ironed out but that many is a little excessive…
**Edit – I had a quick look down the code – you have a few ID’s that are the same. An ID needs to be unique to the page, and I know that IE hates this from my own experience (it completely stopped a script from running…)April 22, 2010 at 5:00 pm #74585pelinorMember
I know if you run the code through W3C as a page then you get a huge number of errors. I do not have access to anything but the CSS and HTML and only the HTML inside the area between the <head></head> tags. I am also stuck with the ID’s and classes inside the content (middle panel) so the code that is mine is really just what is found in the left and right sidebar the "header" where I placed the banner and the "footer" which is just a "back-2-top" link area. When I run what I have control over through W3C I get zero errors but several warnings…April 23, 2010 at 6:23 am #74597Rob MacKayParticipant
Ok what I would try then – as a quick fix and because you have access to the <head> – try copying this into it:
<!–[if lt IE 9]>
and reload in IE – that fixes pseudo-class issues along with others :) *crosses fingers*
- The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.