Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS One Style Tag Entry = Multiple Styles?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    bobber205

I know this is sort of an odd question but here’s what I’m trying to accomplish.

We have a template engine that usually included “default_” css in front of all style tag entries. What results is “default_Indent”, “default_Header” etc etc.

A client can choose to use a custom CSS file which results in “mybusiness_Header” etc. They take our “default” CSS file and change it. Alot of headaches occur from us updating the “core” CSS file and clients not having time/wanting to update their custom CSS.

So here’s my idea.

Our default CSS is included first. Theirs, if it exists, is included second.

What I now need is an easy way of updating our templates to include default AND theirs at the same time. We set a variable to “Default” or the client’s prefix at the beginning of each template. Is there anything I can append to the front of these tags so it does the equivalent of me adding “default_styleX” in each of the style tags?

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.