Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Okay, this one has me stumped… background color shouldn’t be there, only on iPhone

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    donkom

I’ll keep it short, and hopefully someone can find a solution…

One of my websites, http://www.skycrystals.ca/ has a background issue. On every page, the main content block has a a background-color #ccc applied. You won’t see it on a web browser, and you won’t see it on an iPad… it’s only being rendered this way on an iPhone. (tested with iPhone 4 / 5)

I’ve checked and I cannot find a background being set to #ccc grey anywhere…. I’m pulling out my hair on this one. Any suggestions?

wolfcry911
    Participant

are you sure its #ccc? Looks like #999 to me. Line 558 of main.css
    Oh, and you can see it on a desktop browser – just reduce the width

donkom

Ah ha! thanks SO MUCH wolfcry911! I came up with the CCC value by taking a screenshot on my iPhone, pulling that up in Photoshop and sampling the colour. I double-checked, and the iPhone was indeed rendering a CCC value when passed 999. How very odd.

The CSS was also located in tcp_loop.css, and both have been removed and the problem resolved. Thanks so much for your efforts! Shrinking the browser window was the one clue I was missing. :)

And CrocoDillon, thanks for trying anyhow! I use Firebug to debug my sites, works perfectly without right-click.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.