Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Offset Of A CSS Drop Down Menu

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tom Houy
    Participant

I am building a CSS based multi-level drop down menu, and I would like the 3rd drop down level to be slightly offset – pushed down vertically a bit, and slightly overlapping the parent 2nd level. There is a screenshot at the link below:

The drop down menu’s aren’t fixed widths. I know I can use percentages to accomplish this, I have the 3rd level menu set to 15% from the Top and 95% from the Left. However, if I would like to have the offsets to be a specific number of pixels, in other words, 10 pixels from the top and overlapping by 10 pixels from the left, how would I do that? I would also like to avoid using any Javascript, just with HTML/CSS. Any ideas?

Senff
    Participant

Depends how you position the 3rd level in the first place, but you could try adding a margin of 10px 0 0 -10px to the third-level UL?

Tom Houy
    Participant

Thank you! The 3rd level UL is set to position Absolute. The margins worked, I don’t know why I was doing blank this morning, lol.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.