Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Not my page navigation?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pctechtv
    Participant

CSS-Tricks has always given me info that is great, and some that surprises me. That is why I said ask anyway, even though you believe the answer is no (you may get surprised). My question is can you create a navigation link to a page you only access on the web. I mean a page that you don’t have control over any code (someone else’s code)? I have some pages I use a tutorials and they are long. So I want to be able to navigate based on specific text. I know about anchor links in HTML (

<a href="#top">Top</a>

) when you are making the HTML yourself, but want to see if this is possible in pages just you access. Thanks

Paulie_D

Basically…. NO.

How secure would the site be if you could inject your own HTML?

pctechtv
    Participant

Its good to be clear, I thought maybe it something modern browsers could do or something. But that helps Thanks.

nkrisc
    Participant

You could create (or there may exist) browser plugins that could automatically insert HTML into the page after its rendered into your browser based on some criteria you specify, but it probably wouldn’t work well for anchor links because the id wouldn’t exist when the page is first loaded but only after the JS in the plugin runs. I don’t know much about plugins permissions but this may be possible with acceptable permissions.

There are plugins that will load your own CSS over pages you visit which I use sometimes to override really poor design choices some sites make.

If you just want to go to top you would just need a plugin that gives an overlay that links to #or more than likely would easily accomplish that via JS.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.