Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS noob CSS confusion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    davidber

I am a self admitted CSS noob. I have been spending time at http://www.w3schools.com/css/ reading, trying to learn and am confused in what I am trying to layout.

I can figure part of it out, but am stuck on one part :)

I am trying to do 4 columns, the first three columns left to right have an image that is 240px wide x no more than 160 height. Sometimes, the image in the column will be 160px wide. Below the image I am trying to put a text block. I want all the image boxes to have the same starting height and all the text blocks to have the same starting height. So if the image is 160 x 240, the text block will be 10px below, in essence 250px below the top of the image. If the image is 240px wide and 160px high, the textblock should still be at the 250px below the top of the image.

This is basically a 3 x 3 image viewing with the fourth column being used for an ad block (skyscraper)

I just can not figure out how to float the text boxes to start at that position.

Anyone got any ideas or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Locke
    Participant

I’m not that expert in CSS , but u can use:

Hello

Hello

Hello

Hello

I mean this is fast code , in the columns you can change the class c1 to whatever to put a background image, or just change the text to use a

hope this helps

nice day

virtual
    Participant

Put your text boxes in separate floats that sit beneath the floats containing the images.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.